Karate / Self Defense Instruction (1-on-1)
Welcome! Whether you’re looking for specific self defense training, or traditionally taught karate training, we look forward to helping you walk this path…
All classes are 1-on-1 to ensure your training is thorough, and complete.
Popular individual areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
- Basic Self Defense - practical, realistic scenarios with quick, easy to remember escape and/or subdue applications
- Joint Manipulations - manipulate your enemy’s joints into submission; and, utilize pressure points
- Knife Defense - learn to defend against an opponent wielding a knife
Formal training will include the above, as well as these basic foundations:
- Karate Basics - stances, blocks, kicks and strikes – and, transitioning through these
- Shōtōkan Kata - traditional Okinawan and Japanese forms – 27 exist in our style
- Point Sparring – learn how to use your karate basics to attack & defend in a free moving match against an aggressor.
- Hit Mitt / Kicking Drills – work on your distancing & accuracy by striking fixed and moving targets.
Training can be provided at a location convenient to you.
Please email me to discuss rates. Rates are customized to your training path.