Karate / Self Defense Instruction (1-on-1)
Welcome! My name’s Adam.
I’ve been training in karate for a while now… so I thought it might be fun to send someone else down the “rabbit hole”; and, here you are! If you’re interested in checking out what a “karate lifestyle” has to offer, I’d be happy to show you the way.
PS – Don’t be discouraged by what may seem quite formal and/or daunting – training is, and should be fun and enjoyable! Let’s explore the possibilities.
Popular individual areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
- Basic Self Defense – practical, realistic scenarios with quick, easy to remember escape and/or subdue applications
- Joint Manipulations/Controls – manipulate your enemy’s joints into submission; and, utilize pressure points
- Knife Defense – learn to defend against an opponent wielding a knife
“Formal training” will include the above, as well as the following elements:
- Basics (Kihon) – stances, blocks, kicks and strikes – and, transitioning through these
- Forms (Kata) and Bunkai – theoretical application of basics into possible self defense situations, in a pre-designed formation.
- One-Step Sparring (Kihon-Kumite) – block, counter and control an incoming attack in 1 – 5 steps using your karate basics.
- Point Sparring (Kumite) – learn how to use your karate basics to attack & defend in a free moving match against an aggressor.
Training can be provided at a location convenient to you.
Please email me to discuss hourly rates.